Because of my husbands work schedule, he is home at least 4 mornings a week. When he is home he makes me breakfast. I'm not talking about a piece of toast, or a bowl of cereal. I am talking a hot breakfast, consisting of many things. Eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, toast. Or, my personal favorite the "Egg McMuffin ala Paul."Paul isn't one to share his emotions quickly or passionately. (Which is odd for some that know me). He tells me in simple, sweet, everyday ways, that he loves me. He makes me breakfast, he helps with the kids, he does the dishes, he makes me laugh. I know that we are two opposite ends of the spectrum, Paul and I, but I don't think I could be married to someone that was my exact other half. I think they would drive me nutty, because on occasion I drive myself nutty. I am grateful for Paul. It was the other day, when I walked in the kitchen and saw him making me breakfast for the 3rd time this week, that I thought " I am a lucky women."
So, indulge me in a post about my other half, maybe not an exact match to some, but a perfect fit for me!
3 comments:
Obviously we are not as good of friends as I thought! Didn't you know that breakfast was my FAVORITE type of food. I didn't hear anyone inviting me over for Paul's AMAZING McMuffin!
It's okay... you're forgiven because I have Randi's Famous Dumplings in the freezer. I am breaking 'em out this weekend!
By the way, I think you and Paul are a good match. He is introverted, tactful and professional. You are well... CRAZY extroverted, grossly outspoken, and wholly irreverent! Talk about opposites attract! Combined you make a great WHOLE!
yes, guys may not be perfectly how we want them all the time, but they do have a couple really good attributes that make up for it. Good job on noticing your hubby's quiet way of showing how much he cares. I'm going to be jealous.
it must be something in those ostler genes.....gourmet chefs. but i also agree that they have their redeaming qualities. jon likes to cook breakfast on sunday mornings. yummy!!!
Post a Comment