Friday, May 23, 2008

The Man Behind The Titanum Mask ( and several pediatric screws)

Paul has been on rocky footing the last couple of days. His oldest brother, Jason, fell over 20 ft off of scaffolding, when a gust of wind came and knocked it over. This resulted in him taking the brunt of the fall on his face. We are lucky that even though he crushed every bone in his face, the surgery to fix him went well. He now has 10 titanium plates in his face and over 40 pediatric screws holding it all together. He is still in the ICU, but things are looking up. We are lucky that he is still with us to be honest. It is also a miracle that there are no other injuries to his body at all. The latest report is that the doctors are impressed with the progress he is already making. This doesn't surprise me though.

Jason is an amazing man. I have only known him for the 10 years that Paul and I have been together, but I know Jason to be one of the most authentic people I know. He doesn't talk much. We haven't had a ton of one-on-one conversations, Jason and I, but the ones that I have had with him are some of my "most loved" moments. Jason loves quietly, passionately, and strongly. I am very happy that he has made it through this accident, and I want him to continue to get well as soon as possible. I am asking on behalf of my husband and his family for those of you that would like to, to please keep Jason in your thoughts and prayers.

I know that God has a plan, I know that everything is going to be fine. I know that I now have the coolest Brother-in-law ever with a titanium mask for a face. (Come on, I am the one to crack a joke, he'd like it) I know that this is going to make us all stronger. Maybe it will help us all to talk, and share feelings more. Maybe in going through this it will remind us that we need to make sure that those around us know that we love and adore them.

Jason, know that we love you, we are thinking of you, we want you to get better, and I am looking forward to seeing you so that we can tell you face to titanium face how grateful we are for you! Love, hugs, and kisses!

No comments: