I got these coupons in the mail for a buy one get one free salad from Jack in the Box. Sierra and I love these salads so, for dinner tonight we decided to go get us one. I decided that the closest in time would be the one off the freeway over in La Frontera. When we got there I told her about my coupon and the lady at the drive through explains that everyone and their dog came with those coupons and they have no salads left. WHAT!?! How do you run out of salads.Sierra hears this and gets upset. She wants a salad. I want a salad. We have
our hearts set upon the greens people. What do I do, I decide we need to go to another Jack in the Box. We start driving to the Jack in the Box off of 620, over by my church ( for those in Austin) and I take the 45 feeder. (Okay, backup. For those not in Austin the 45 is a toll, I never carry cash on me. I sometimes solve this dilema by taking the feeder. If you take the feeder, the road that runs parallel to the freeway, you can take the route for free.) I proceed on the feeder, telling myself I am so clever, only to discover that it does not take you due west like I thought. No, It MAKES you get on the Mopac which goes South! The Mopac is also a Toll road, I don't have a $1 and they are going to make me pay. I was not happy. I get to the toll and tell the guy my sad salad-less story and he lets me through. He even gives me directions to another Jack in the Box off of Wells Branch. Seriously! It was the most ridiculous drive to get food ever! When we finally get to Jack in the Box, they take forever! I have starving kids, Logan whinning and Sierra chanting "Feed us, feed us!" in the back seat. We finally got our salads, 45 minutes and 20 miles later, Stupid Coupons! And they weren't even that good, well not 45 minutes, and 20 miles good, SIGH!!
2 comments:
i hate being let down, when I'm in the mood for a good meal. This often happens to me with salads. Sounds like you got some crazy roads out there too. I'm glad I moved away from that crazy city stuff! Well anyways, hopefully your next adventure has a better ending.
that is a sad story. (tear)
Post a Comment