Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hot To Trot


So, Saturday I ran the Chuy's 25th annual Hot to Trot 5k, benefiting Special Olympics. It was a huge race, about 3000 runners. It was a blast. My parents and brother all ran it, and my running partner in crime, Melissa Thurman ran too. It was her first "official" race. I did not improve on my time at all. Still 42 minutes, but I will take it. I walked a lot more this time due to my shins acting up on me. I think if I had run more I would have done better. So, I will be taking a three day break from running. I will be strengthening my shins and calf's during the time, and also buying a new pair of running shoes. I guess when you are running around 8 miles a week the miles on your shoes add up quickly. I have no idea why any of you would want to know this, but it is my rambling nature.


Next up: Keep Austin Weird 5K. June 28th. ( I post this so that I will be committed to it. You are all my witnesses)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Randi, You're inspiring!

B said...

congrats sis, good job!! I 2nd emily, you are inspiring. love you!