Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green!


2007 Toyota Prius
Originally uploaded by dugout

I never blog about the demos that Paul brings home, but I have to about this one. I love the Earth, I want to be more Earth friendly. I was excited when Paul brought home this Hybrid Toyota Prius last week. I thought- less $ spent on gas, save the Earth, go organic, start recycling, have my own compose pile. I was very excited about "going green." Well, I must say that this is a weird car to drive. You have to get used to the car "dying" at most stop signs and lights. You push a button to start the car. You have to get used to the engine turning off and on while you are driving. But the best thing that happened was when I was getting onto the freeway ,the first day I was driving it, and noticed this horribly unattractive car in front of me. I thought," I would never drive a car like that, it is so unattractive." I then pressed my gas and proceeded closer, only to discover that it was a Toyota Prius! I must say that after having the car for the week the gas is amazing. We put 300 miles on the thing and it only cost $20 dollars to fill. However, overall I have discovered that I like my SUVs! Maybe I will start a Garden, start recycling, take a shorter shower, or turn up my air. All I can say is- "It's not easy being green"

"Bein' Green" dedicated to my titillating Bro-in-law Jon Ostler. Oh! How I love your Kermit!

3 comments:

Jer and Jacquie O said...

What a hoot Randi! It's just so fun to read your blog! I find myself dancing to all of your music while I laugh at all of your humor!
Way to go green. Wesley just had a field trip to the landfill for scouts this week. He has now educated all of us of the many, many ways to recycle. My personal favorite: You can reuse a gallon jug by cutting it in half and making one stylish cone-shaped hat! And it's amazing how "green" I feel just watching him wear that hat!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you there, they need to make that car more stylish, and I think more people would buy it.

B said...

i never ever said tittilating, i have no idea what you are talking about, dirty dirty dirty mind. Bossoms, bless them