Monday, March 10, 2008

Oh Somebody Had a Birthday! .....

I am not sure that I am ready for this Birthday. My Sierra is turning eight tommorow. I can still remember when she was this little 4 year old, petting goats at the Houston Zoo. Sierra is a delight to be around. She is a wonderful helper. She always helps out with her little brother, and he loves her so much. It is wonderful to see him give her a goodnight "kiss" every night when we tuck her in to bed. Their bond is a special one. Sierra is a great friend. I have a part-time job that consisits entirely of scheduling her social events. There is always someone that she needs to play with, call, or write a letter to. She is very busy. Sierra is a collector. If Sierra likes it she must have as much of it, or them as she can. For today we are collecting Webkins, High School Musical Barbies, and Our Generation Doll stuff. Sierra is a great student. Her teachers all adore her, and her classmates love her as well. When I have picked her up from school and the office calls her class, I can hear the chorus of "goodbye Sierra" from across the office! I am amazed at how many kids we run into around Round Rock that Sierra knows because they " go to my school." Sierra loves the "finer" things in life. Her favorite foods are shrimp and lobster! She loves to dress up and design fashions. I am excited and stunned about this year because it is a special birthday. This is the year that Sierra will be Baptized! Sierra is more excited than I am. Sierra is going to wait to be baptized until April so that Paul's parents and my parents can be there. I am so excited that they are going to be able to come for her special day. I know that it means so much to her. It truly seems like yesterday that she came into our family. She is literally the glue that holds this family together. I am grateful everyday that she came into our lives when she did. She is truly our special gift. I knew when I was pregnant that she was a special spirit and she really is. I am amazed that we are entrusted with the joyous task of raising her. She has always been an amazing kid. She has always been able to communicate her needs and wishes. She is a delight to be around. Sierra is funny, compassionate, fun-loving, free-spirited, opinionated, stubborn. Oh, who am I kidding she is a lot like me! Sierra is a beautiful, kind, amazing kid! I just want her to know how grateful I am to be her mom! I want her to know how much her Mom and Dad and Brother love her. She is an amazing kid. Have a Happy Birthday Sierra! We love you!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

i absolutely LOVE that you have NKOTB "Happy Birthday" on your playlist for the special occasion. hope you guys had fun tonight, we missed you while eating Thai.

Katie Evans said...

Randi, I too, LOVE the NKOTB. Listening to the song brought back so many memories! I love the background on your blog!