Lately I have been thinking of some of my favorite things. I guess I would like to share. Why? For no other reason than to bore you with some interesting facts about myself! I have found in just noticing the things that make me happy, or smile, that it is the little things that make me most happy. Here they are in no particular order:1. My kids laughing
2. My husband being silly with me.
3. Climbing into bed with freshly laundered sheets
4. The smell of BBQ cooking- oddly I like this more when it is coming from a neighbor's yard!
5. Being the first person to use the shower after I have cleaned it. ( I truly feel clean)
6. The smell of wood burning on a cool crisp morning. ( not a forest fire, just a contained fire :) )
7. Wearing a brand new pair of socks.
8. The euphoria of finishing a scrapbook page. ( this is becoming more rare every day...sigh!)
9. Taking a shower when it is storming outside.
10. Going to Chuys with WAR and visiting friends who have crushes on baby pine trees!
11. Thinking of my Mom running a marathon in Italy this weekend! Go Mom!
12. Spending time with family and friends!
13. The feeling you get right after you cleaned your house- you know it looks like no one lives there for 10 seconds.
14. A candle burning.
15. And I am probley the only person ever in the history of the world to admit this, but I am secure enough to say: I love to be the first person to use the potty right after it has been cleaned.
There, those are just fifteen things that make me happy! There are a lot more! What makes you happy? Think about it. Take care!
2 comments:
reading the blogs of my fave sis. in laws and giggling at their silly quips and stories. just one of mine. you should transfer all of that to a scrapbook page. I'm sure you have a pic of you that your friend has taken. then you could feel the euphoria all over again. anyway, thanks for sharing your favorite things. i love you and you always are good for a laugh, you know cuz you are just so...."*recall the conversation w/ Jon and that t-word*" heehee
Hey, if you feel so happy when you clean, how about you come over to my house and clean, then you'll feel like double happy right?
Post a Comment