Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Black, White and Blue All Over!

Last October Pier One Kids was going out of business and we went everyday to get stuff at 90% off. It was amazing! While there I got this cute comforter for Sierra and also the decorative throw pillows. I also picked up a valance (not yet put up) and a curtain panel that I planned to make a pillow sham out of. The panel didn't work out exactly right so after taking the panel apart, buying more feaux suede, and using the vinyl blue flower centers and fringe from the panel, we managed to create the sham. My friend Melissa came and helped me make it on Friday, and I think it turned out okay. Just don't look too close! Sewing with a sewing machine has always been very intimidating to me so I am trying to learn more about it. I learn best by hands on experience so I thought why not try a pillow! Anyway, just thought you might want to see what I have been working on. Thank goodness it is out of the closet and on the bed- it only took me 6 months!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that's pretty cute. I bet sierra loves it. It looks so tweenish. I can totally see one blue accent wall. And don't worry about the sewing, it's cake once you can sew a straight line...

B said...

totally a cute bed set. and it's nice to know that randi martha stewart ostler :) isn't insanely perfect. you know i love ya girly. i'm not much of a sewer myself. i was trying to figure out moms serger last week while we were there and broke a needle and got absolutely no where with it. glad to know i'm not the only one with sewing machine anxiety! good job on the pillow though, i love it!