Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Absentee Parenting- (Apparently I am a subscriber!)

It is moments like this that make you think:
Where the Heck was I while my child had time to do this:


or this!


The first picture was of his modern art piece I have entitled, "My Mommy's Dirty Little Pantry" In it Logan chose Lasagna noodles, rice, cheese crackers, and empty soda bottles as his medium. (the water bottles we save and use as water storage- delicious and economical)

The second is Logan's ode to Picasso. I have entitled it, " Mommy worked her butt off for 12 weeks to lose 10% of her body weight, lost it, earned $122 of a pot of cash, bought a new bedspread, brought it home and 24 hours later her 2 year old took a blue SHARPIE to it- drawing ALL OVER IT! Mommy kept her cool, found out son didn't in fact color ON the new bedspread leaving Mommy grateful, happy and not in need of a gallon size bucket of Chuy's chips and salsa to make it all better!"

Still leaving the following question:

Where was I while he was doing all of this?

6 comments:

Lori Silva said...

Wishing he was asleep!!! Okay, so Tae has yet to do anything like this (knock on wood NOW) But as I see Bailey, and now Logan become so helpful around the house I just keep holding my breath that you two are alone in this. lol

But I'm there for you really!!!!!

Stop getting skinny, your making the rest of us look bad.:)

Nicole said...

So funny! The exact thing happened to me just yesterday. I come in to the bookshelf to notice that every one of Tyson's books are now piled on the floor. The problem is that I have no idea when he did it. You are not alone.

Erin said...

I feel ya sister.... I can't even count the number of times Bailey has done that now... On my sheets, on my tile, on her table and my personal favorite.. red and green scribbles in the grout.... Doesn't come out. At least when Christmas comes back around my living room and bathroom will be uber-festive without much work...

A few questions...
1 & 2- When did you get new bedding and why haven't I seen it??
3- Did you win that challenge and never tell me?!?

I feel slightly lost and alone.... call me.... ;)

Jer and Jacquie O said...

Rand, It is pretty hilarious to write this particular post right after posting the Devil post before it! :) You are a riot! Thank goodness Heavenly Father makes our kids so crazy cute...How wise! We just love 'em anyway!

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm glad he didn't ruin the bedspread..it looks really pretty. And I bet it only took him about 5 minutes to create that much chaos...kids are FAST!

Gina said...

As you know, Anna has had her "artistic" moments, but in general, she has not been overly adventurous. However, I am worried about having a little overly-active boy that is going to wreak havoc on our home.

Maybe you need to give him a studio and some good art supplies so he can turn his talent into something "marketable"!