Sunday, April 5, 2009

Booger

I was reading my friend, Katie's, blog and she was talking about how we always seem to post only what we want people to see or know about us.

In other words... we post only the good stuff.

Well, I say poo poo to that. Besides, any one who knows me knows that I am the first one to jump up and shout, " I have a booger in my nose- everyone come and look at it!" when I have a booger in my nose.

Well, today I have a booger in my nose.

I am having a day where I am utterly and completely UNGRATEFUL!

I am not finding patience while Logan gets out of a well deserved time-out 15 times, or humor at Sierra's very flawed attempts at independence and a tween-attitude. I am not finding the glorious peace from keeping the sabbath day holy as my Laundry room wreaks of cat doo because I can't go and buy litter, or the warm fuzzies when I watch as my husband goes and deals with a conflict the kids are having because he didn't do it MY WAY!

And what is most depressing is that I was able to watch 4 sessions of conference this weekend and at the end of it all, the only memories I have is of my son writhing in time-out while the prophet spoke, and then again as someone spoke about making your home a temple.

Oh, the irony of Conference!

So there you have it, all my boogers!

But, aren't they pretty!?!

10 comments:

B said...

boogers taste good

Christa said...

Landon was right there with you Logan. During the last session of Sunday Conference I kept thinking, "hmm, that sounds like it could be a good talk" as I was carrying Landon to time out after time out. My thinking wasn't quite as calm as that though :-)

And thanks for blogging about the not so fun stuff. It was refreshing. Maybe the blogging world will take a turn for the better now :-)

caroline said...

Guilty as charged! I totally try to only blog about the good stuff, but that's cause I'm not witty enough to make the boogers sound funny:) It would probably just sound whiny coming from me. I do appreciate that people do and can blog about the boogers though, because we all have them and can relate. I think that I blog about the good stuff for my sanity- I have found that it helps ME focus on the positive in our crazy family life :)I always love your posts and how you keep it real! Keep it coming!

B said...

that first comment was from jon btw. betcha couldn't guess that though. thanks for sharing your boogers, it helps keep us humble. i'm not creative enough either to make my bloopers sound not so bad. way to go ran, love you, and as your blog title so aptly states: "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" dory is so intuitive

Erin said...

If I wrote about my "boogers," I would be blogging A LOT more frequently! If it helps... your kids are super cute, you are a craft diva, a legend in the kitchen and an awesome sister! Hope today goes better... Love ya loads!

Lizzy said...

why do you think i haven't been blogging lately?? too many boogers!! HA, just kidding (I'm just lazy)

Lori Silva said...

Boogers are Boogers thats what they are and they are there so we can smile the other non Booger days.
If you think it's bad now just wait till their older!!! lol I have to laugh or else I will cry.
Just keep letting out those Booger days, so we can all laugh when we have a Booger day. Because you know the next time I have one I'll think of you.

Liz said...

Those are some big and green ones! Conference seems to bring those out for all of us!

nikkicrumpet said...

I've always thought you were a gorgeous little booger. NOthing has changed!

Katie Evans said...

I love your say it like it is attitude. It's refreshing. Makes me love you even more.

P.S. NKOTB...Dallas...July 17th. Just thought you'd like to know.