Thursday, July 23, 2009

The "D's" Come to Visit!

So you all know the whole, "surprise the girls" story...but we also surprised them with an overnight stay in San Antonio, and the next day we surprised them with a trip to Sea World.
Kirsti and Sierra kept on saying," I don't think I can take anymore surprises!" It was really cute!
Anyway, here are some pictures that I took, that highlight the "D's" stay..
The night that the "D's" got into San Antonio we checked into our hotel on the River walk, ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe ( girl's choice) and took a tour of the River walk scene. The girl's had fun, but the highlight had to have been finding these pink cowgirl hats. They even had light up tiaras on them...only in Texas!
The next morning we walked across the street to the Alamo for the all too important, "Remember the Alamo!" photo op...I think they liked it a lot more than they thought they would!
We then headed off to Sea World! For our first show, we sat in the splash zone...hoping to get wet. It never happened! It was SO HOT so we used the map as shade and a fan.. I felt like Macgyver.... It was so clever...
I post this only to remember that at the Coral Reed Feeding, Kirsti was selected to put her hands on the glass with the diver to show how thick the glass was....you should have heard all the Oooh's and Ahhh's when she said she was visiting from Wisconsin... :)
This is what I found when loading pictures onto my computer....evidently while Kirsti and I were being awesome and riding Steel Eel, the Scaredy Cats were being silly...Sierra loves Vicky!
Just too cute!

It was so HOT that ice cream HAD TO BE eaten....it also helped to get it all over your face!
Refreshing!
Vicky also had the brilliant idea of doing a "spa day" for the girls! Kirsti had her nails done by Ms. Vicky....

Sierra had hers done by Ms. Randi...
We did an excellent job with the painting and the leg massages we offered..
and we even offered a cool cucumber eye mask treatment...
there were a lot of late nights...
and no worries! Logan wasn't left out! He got the "spa treatment" as well- massage, and nail painting. We did mostly clear but he did insist on 2 HOT PINK big toes.....and loves them!
Thanks "D's" for a great 4 girls's and 2 boys's week of fun in our Blazing Texas Heat! We can't wait to see you again...

Love you guys!!!

2 comments:

Erin Cummings said...

What fun Randi! You are such a good mom to provide your daughter with such a fun surprise! I should set something like that up for mine sometime! I loved the video too, I found I got excited and I didn't even know who was coming! Very cute!

Vicky said...

Thanks Randi and Paul. We really enjoyed being there and miss you guys already. Love you guys.