Thursday, January 8, 2009

WELCOME! WELCOME!

My sweet Sister, Erin and her husband Brock, welcomed their 2nd Daughter early yesterday morning!
Morgan Jean Shepard
was born on
January 7th, 2008 at
1:14 a.m.
8lbs. 4oz.
and
20 1/2 in. long!
Last time Erin was pregnant I was pregnant too! It was so much fun being able to talk to each other about what was going on with us, and to also dream of how cute our babies would be with each other. I was struck last night at how intense her having Morgan was for me. I mean I was stressed when I knew she was having Bay, but I thought it was because my own experience was still fresh in my mind. Last night, I really and truly could not sleep. I was laying there thinking of how close Sister's truly are! I didn't want to be in the room with her ( too personal for me), but I wanted to be "there." I have no idea where "there" was exactly, but that is where I wanted to be. There was nothing that I could do for her, and maybe that is what struck me. I have only been on the "doing" end of a labor, but to be on the "supportive and wait" end is much, much worse! I have no idea how Husband's and Mom's and Dad's do it!
Erin and I are truly the best of friends. I adore that women, I am blessed to be her Sister, her friend, and now the obnoxious Aunt who buys her niece's toys that make too much noise!!!
I love you Erin, Brock and Bay, and Welcome to the luckiest little girl ever!!
WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!
* as a side note Erin said to tell you that they will be home tomorrow and she will post pictures and stories on her blog then!!

6 comments:

Those Dandy Dillards said...

Yay!! Congratulations Erin and family (and you auntie). Thanks for the update!

nikkicrumpet said...

YAY Erin...so glad she and the babe are healthy and doing well. Congrats to Grammy since she won't return my darn emails!

Liz said...

Congatulations! I'm so excited to see you, hopefully at Morgan's blessing. And I agree, sisters rock.

Jer and Jacquie O said...

That is so cool Randi. I just had that same feeling a month ago when my baby sister had her baby. It's crazy how fun it is to share in something that incredible with your very own sis. Congrats to Erin and Congrats to Auntie Randi.

Erin said...

Thank you for the sweet post Rand!
I love you and cant wait for you to meet your new niece!! One of the main reasons I was so excited about having another girl was because we were so close and I really wanted that kind of sisterly bond for Bailey and Morgan....You're the best! Love you!!!!

Bridget said...

I just popped in from Nikki's blog. Congratulation to the whole family. Jan. 7th is the best possible birthday! Yup it is!!!! She's going to be a sweet baby!