Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hell Froze Over!

We have had this conversation many times, but let's have it once more okay?

I don't bake.
Don't do it.

For example: A month ago I tried to make place and bake cookies, and I tried my hat at Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls.
The result: I burnt the cookies, and my rolls burnt and stuck to my sheet pan. Yes, I "pamed."
Hence why I say, " I don't bake."

Don't feel too bad. I have other talents. My family doesn't starve. I can cook.
I have heard that many times it's an either or thing. You cook or you bake.
I cook.

Anyway, at Enrichment they were having a cupcake decorating class. HAHA!
I wasn't going to go, but then I decided I should. Besides, my failure could make someone else feel WAY BETTER about themselves, and I'm always game to make myself look like an idiot.

I went.

Here is where the "Hell freezing over" part comes in.
After it was all said and done, mine didn't look like crap. As a matter of fact, the decorating was super cute, super easy, and super gratifying.

I just had to document, for posterity:
What!?! I made that. Yes I did.
See, not all perfect. But for me that is a solid effort.
Scrumptious.

Now all I need to do is learn how to make and bake a cupcake.

Thanks Trisha for making this fun, and do-able. That is a gift. :)

2 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

You did absolutely great! Maybe you can teach some of us!

Cheryl said...

Cute!! Step by step directions for those of us at a distance would be great. By the way I don't bake either, I cook!