Over Spring Break Sierra and I had the awesome opportunity to visit New York City with my Mom. Sierra has been dying to go and visit the American Girl Doll Store, climb to the top of the Statue of Liberty, and see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway! Sierra and I were so blessed and lucky enough to have my Mom treat us to such an amazing trip. It was amazing, exciting, and we made so many memories!
( Sierra at the American Girl Store in New York!)
( Sierra at the American Girl Store in New York!)First off, we were able to stay with a dear friend, Veronique, who lives in Brooklyn. Everyday we were able to take a bus, a subway, and sometimes a taxi into and out of the city. I know that Sierra felt like a real New Yorker staying in a real New York apartment, and "commuting" into Manhattan every day. She was able to see, hear, and smell New York the way a true New Yorker does. I simply love those kinds of vacations, where you immerse yourself in a city and view it as a local, and I am thrilled to learn that my daughter does too! Sierra was a pro on those subways and buses. As a matter of fact she was falling asleep on the subway 3 days in...just like any New Yorker does! :)
( Sierra looking very New York on the subway!)










We had such a great time in such an Amazing city! We did so much in our 5 days there. I was so impressed with Sierra. With all the walking she never complained once. It was joyous to make such sweet memories with my Mom and my sweet daughter. I can't wait to do it again! Love You both!!!!
( Sierra looking very New York on the subway!) Another highlight of staying over in Brooklyn was getting to see and experience parts of the city most tourists don't have the time to see. It helps when you have two New Yorkers to show you around. Veronique and her then Fiance, now husband John hung out with us 2 of the days we were there. Vero and John came with us to eat soup dumplings in China town at Joe's Shang Hi, took us for ice cream at the Brooklyn Creamery under the Brooklyn Bridge, and introduced us to an awesome Italian restaurant just off of Times Square. We visited Times Square, shopped at P.S. Aeropostle, and rode the Ferris Wheel at Toys R Us in Times Square. The best part was that John had a Car, so we were able to see and do New York Via car. A rarity, and so much fun to drive over the Brooklyn Bridge into China Town!

(Me, my mom, Veronique, and Sierra with our awesome matching sunglasses overlooking Time Square!)

(Sierra with the New York Skyline behind- from the Brooklyn side.)

(Sierra with the Brooklyn bridge behind her.)

(My Mom, me and Sierra with the AMAZING Brooklyn Creamery behind us. Best Ice Cream!)
We were able to see 3 Broadway plays while we were there: Phantom of the Opera, Billy Elliott, and Mary Poppins. All 3 were amazing.

We also visited Central Park. Sierra wanted to walk around Central Park, especially to see where they shot the singing number from the movie Enchanted. Central Park is beautiful, and we were lucky that the weather worked for us and it was a warm and beautiful day. We also saw many other sights while in New York......

(Bethesda Fountain, where they shot Enchanted- sans water.)

(Sierra with the bubble guy in central park.)

(Rockefeller Center...and a taping of the Today Show.)

(Swatch the dog at Mood Fabrics. "Thank You Mood!")

(GG and Sierra in Times Square.)

(GG and Sierra in Central Station. )
We also visited the Statue of Liberty, and even had crown tickets! Only 240 people a day access the crown. It was awesome. I did not go to the top. This 28 week old pregnant lady was not walking up 600 stairs, most of which were more like a ladder then a staircase. But, I am proud to say that I walked up 240 of them. I must say that I did not think that it would be
as awesome and inspiring as it was standing inside the Statue of Liberty! I was moved! She is stunning, both as a work of art and a work of engineering. Seriously Breathtaking! Sierra and my Mom did make it to the crown, and Sierra and my Mom both loved it!
It was another beautiful day and we really enjoyed ourselves.
While we were down in the Battery Park area we also visited Ground Zero. It is amazing to see all the progress that is being made in that area, as well as all the plans that are set into place. It was a touching moment. I also loved this statue that was moved to Battery Park. It is the statue that was outside of the 2 towers on September 11th. They simply moved it, damaged and all to battery park. A somber and touching remembrance of what occurred on that day.
It was another beautiful day and we really enjoyed ourselves.
While we were down in the Battery Park area we also visited Ground Zero. It is amazing to see all the progress that is being made in that area, as well as all the plans that are set into place. It was a touching moment. I also loved this statue that was moved to Battery Park. It is the statue that was outside of the 2 towers on September 11th. They simply moved it, damaged and all to battery park. A somber and touching remembrance of what occurred on that day.
We had such a great time in such an Amazing city! We did so much in our 5 days there. I was so impressed with Sierra. With all the walking she never complained once. It was joyous to make such sweet memories with my Mom and my sweet daughter. I can't wait to do it again! Love You both!!!!
1 comment:
happy to see you happy
how to get rid of belly fat
Post a Comment