14 months ago, I laid out some beautiful rugs in front of my couch for Sierra's Baptism open house. After everyone left and the party glitter had settled, I pulled out my vacuum and proceeded to pull up the carpets to vacuum up all evidence of our rip-roaring good time. ( BBQ potatoes can do that to you!) Imagine my horror, shock, and DISMAY to find this under those rugs.
That's right a DRY TRANSFER of die onto my carpets.
Well, I marched myself and my evil rugs back to T$%get, and demanded a refund in full, as well as money to fix my situation. Well, let's just say that TODAY I finally heard from the manufacturer's insurance companies, third aunt on it's maternal grandmother's nieces, aunt's side and found out that I am FINALLY getting my settlement.
That's right a DRY TRANSFER of die onto my carpets.Well, I marched myself and my evil rugs back to T$%get, and demanded a refund in full, as well as money to fix my situation. Well, let's just say that TODAY I finally heard from the manufacturer's insurance companies, third aunt on it's maternal grandmother's nieces, aunt's side and found out that I am FINALLY getting my settlement.
All that to say I now need to know what flooring to put down, and I am in a Quandary!
Here are some things to consider:
1) I have small children
2) Aforementioned children destroy things, esp. nice things.
3) I love those children, but seriously not even the Transformers have one up on them.
4) We have a small budget
5) We will have to install it ourselves if we go with something other than carpet.
6) We will not live in this house forever. We need to think resale.
and here are our options:
1) Stain Concrete. ( We do have ceramic tile and I am not sure how it will transition from concrete to tile but it's an option)
2) Replace the carpet, all the carpet
3) Laminate Hardwoods
4) Vinyl "laminate" hardwoods
5) Ceramic Tile to "match" the other tile.
Please help me. I need help. I don't know what to do.
Hey Nikki, I hope to hear from you! That's right I am calling your decorating diva self out on the carpet. ( hehe)
Seriously, I need help!
3 comments:
I am not decorating diva, but here are my thoughts. I know hardwoods look nice and are easier to clean but I love carpet. It's softer and just plain nicer, on my knees playing with the kids and especially on the kids learning to crawl, sit and walk. If we get a new house anytime soon with hardwood or anything else, we are putting in carpet. Plus there is that bit about your installing something other than carpet yourself. ICK! :-) Good luck.
Carpet is evil! :) We love you!
i was just going to say that you know how jacquie and i love our pergo!!! i do agree that carpet is nice, but pergo is easier to clean and more durable. there are pluses and minuses to both. I have laminate tile in my kitchen and wish i could replace it with pergo or something of the like. ask jason about the install, he put moms in remember, and i think jons done it to for work, maybe. good luck! i wanna know what you said to the target person, I wouldn't know what to say.
Post a Comment