Lately I have found myself in parking lots- a lot. Call it summer. Call it being a stay-at-home mom. Call it I'm hungry and I don't want to make myself something so I'll let Mc. Donalds do it for me. Either way you slice it, I live my life in a parking lot- and I have noticed something.NO ONE FOLLOWS THE RULES OF A PARKING LOT!!
( okay, so they may be MY rules)
Anyway, I feel the need to make a list of my top 10 pet peeves about parking lots.. And, if you feel the same way, let me know, I want to know that I am not the only one cussing in the parking lot!
And if are guilty of any of these things-
PLEASE- STOP IT!!
Randi's Parking Lot Top 10!
1) There is no reason what so ever to be driving faster than 15 miles in a parking lot. There are plenty of spaces and you are either stopping to shop anyway, or you are leaving with the euphoria of purchasing great items. Either way, please continue slowly to an exit or a space.
2) I do not enjoy pedestrians in a parking lot. I see the crosswalks, and I slow down. But why do pedestrians insist upon jumping in front of you. As a matter of fact most of them don't even look both ways before crossing anymore. They just walk out in front of you. In my opinion that means they want or are playing Russian Roulette with being hit! And don't get me started on those that are on cell phones.
3) Please do not pull up to the door to just "drop someone off" and then chat for 5 minutes about where you are going to meet up. I am behind you....I am waiting for you to move...and waiting and waiting and waiting.
4) If you find a space and you are waiting for it, please put your blinker on so we know you are calling "dibs" on it. This also means that if we can, we can try to move out around you while you wait.
5) If someone is waiting for your space. That is not the time to get in your car adjust your mirrors, your radio station, put on your lipstick, adjust your seat, or make a call. Just throw that puppy in reverse and get out of there.
6) Could we all put our carts in the cart holders, please. Or at the very least move them out of the middle of a parking space...
7) Don't follow me to my parking space...I do consider that stalking...I will call the police.
Keep a distance.
8) Please remember where you parked your car. That way if I am trying to stalk you ( discreetly of course) I can get it. I get so annoyed when you follow someone all the way down a row and then all of a sudden they are like, "oh! my cars on that other row!" and then cuts through, UGGGGGHHHHHH!
9) Cart boys, do you really need to take up that much room? Or do you have a quota per trip? Because sometimes I fear for my safety with you whipping that cart tail of death in my direction. I'm just inquiring!
10) And Finally! The kicker! The holy grail of, Oh my goodness! I want to track you down and smack you.
When someone is pulling out of a spot, and they are half way, or more than half way out. You MUST STOP AND LET THEM OUT! That is NOT THE TIME TO WING OUT AROUND THEM!!! or SPEED UP AND PLAY CHICKEN WITH THEM!! It is a bad idea, I can't see you! This also applies to pedestrians.
I feel so much better now. My top 10 pet peeves in a parking lot. But love um or hate um, I have to use them.
Well, I have to go..... I have to go grocery shopping......
4 comments:
your no 2 is wrong...regardless of whether it is annoying, they have the right of way.
note about #2: I know that pedestrians have the right of way...my point is that as a pedestrian you have a responsiblility to walk in front of a 1,000 lb. vehicle safetly. I stop- with no question. What bothers me is that they sometimes walk in front of me assuming I CAN stop in time. That is what is scary. One day, God forbid, I could hit one, it will be my "fault" and I will be the one in trouble even though they were not practicing safe cross walk etiquitte. That is all I am saying. Stop! and Look both ways before proceeding- just like at a intersection. Please! :)
Randi love! I am in full agreement of everyone of your rules and follow them myself! Parking lots drive me nuts, but we have to deal with them unfortunately. I'm still out to lunch on which one is better/safer to deal with, big ones or small ones.... The problem with small town parking lots is that you get the hicks from out in the sticks that have forgotten all the rules of the road or never learned them in the first place, driving/walking through the parking lots with no thought to anyone else. argh!!!
Love you! come visit soon.
Amen Sista! And if we're taking a vote, I say Walmart parking lots take the cake!
Post a Comment